Friday, August 2, 2013

Paula Patton is going to be Topless in '2 Guns'

"2 Guns" may be an action comedy, but it's not the first place we'd expect to find a lengthy topless scene.
ImageBam image uploadimagebam.comImageBam image upload


Of course, we're pretty sure no one will be complaining when they see an intimate scene between Paula Patton and Denzel Washington where their characters, DEA agents Deb and Bobby, are discussing their romantic relationship following a little roll in the hay. As Deb asks if Bobby ever loved her, Patton's breasts are out for all the world to see.
"It was my idea. It was something that I had thought about for a long time," Patton told Yahoo! Movies. "You know, you prepare for all these scenes ahead of time and I just thought, 'Gosh, it doesn't seem realistic for somebody who's been lovers with somebody for quite a while and they've just made love and now the conversation's happening that you would have a bra or a top on.' It just didn't make sense to me, so I thought the natural thing would be to not have one on."

Patton's co-star and director Baltasar Kormákur weren't about to stop her either.

"I came to set and kind of surprised Denzel and Baltasar, our director," she recalled. "I said, 'No, I'm not going to be wearing a top.' I was like, 'No, I just don't think it's natural.' And then Denzel was like, 'Well, I'm taking my top off, too.'" "Seriously?! You think I want you in that top," Kormákur claims to have told his leading lady after she'd made her decision. "For me, that's always what I wanted. It was pretty obvious – I just don't go up to women and say, 'Take off your dress.'"

Paula Patton has worked with Washington before in 2006's "Deja Vu" (where she had a not-quite as revealing shower scene), so they obviously had a previously established comfort level. But how did Patton's husband, "Blurred Lines" singer Robin Thicke take the news that his wife would be filming such a revealing scene? "I called [him] the night before and I said, 'What do you think?' And he's like, 'Go for it,'" Patton said. "He's all about the art in the end."

"2 Guns" follows Bobby (Washington) and Stig (Mark Wahlberg) as literal partners in crime who each don't realize the other is an undercover federal agent. Patton plays Washington's handler (and longtime lover) at the DEA while James Marsden is Stig's point man in naval intelligence. After a bank robbery meant to help them infiltrate a Mexican drug cartel doesn't exactly go as planned, Bobby and Stig are forced to disavow their respective agencies and run for their lives together. Pitfalls, shootouts, and a true bromance ensue.

"2 Guns" opens in theaters on August 2.
ImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image uploadImageBam image upload


No comments:

Post a Comment