Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stephanie McMahon getting in Shape

WWE executive Stephanie McMahon recently interviewed by bodybuilding website RXMuscle.com and says she’s in the best shape of her life. Aside from her own hard work, Stephanie credits progress to the help of renowned strength and conditioning coach Joe DeFranco and nutritionist Dave Palumbo.“Literally the day I came home from the hospital after having my second daughter I started on [Dave Palumbo's] nutrition program. I gained 80lb with my first pregnancy and that was such a struggle to get the weight off. I gained another 60 pounds during the next pregnancy. I knew I had to work my butt off to get back in shape.” “I can honestly tell you, at 36 years old and after having 3 kids, I’m in the best shape of my life. And the best part is that I keep getting stronger.”
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Stephanie explains that gaining a lot of weight during her pregnancies, she’s no stranger to exercise:

“I’ve done all kinds of training in my life. I started working out when I was 12 years old learning from my dad and brother. I’ve done the typical bodybuilding split with Chest/Shoulders/Triceps on day 1, Back and Biceps on Day 2, and Legs on Day 3. But I was just doing too much and found myself overtraining. I’ve been working with Joe [DeFranco] for about 18 months. He comes out to the house and puts me through a fast paced functional workout. He likes to have me train in positions with different kinds of weight loads that keep me off balance, forcing me to really use my core.” McMahon said.
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
DeFrankco, who trains Stephanie twice a week and also works with Triple H, said this about Stephanie’s progress:

“Steph’s body has gone through a major transformation since we started training together. Old wrestling injuries, childhood dance, and being a mother of three created some negative adaptations in her body, which resulted in shoulder, hip, knee and ankle problems. Because of this, my top priority was to get her body functioning and feeling better. To accomplish this, I started training her like an athlete. The goal was to get her body working as a whole, as opposed to separate parts. The program I designed for Steph, coupled with her consistent hard work and attention to detail, have been a recipe for success. She can now train without limitations, while also being stronger and leaner!”

No comments:

Post a Comment